Sunday, September 27, 2009

The book that I've been waiting for ...

Did you know that Amazing Ben, who is famous for his Badass of the Week web site, has a book that is soon to be unleashed upon the world? Maybe you are wondering why I'm mentioning this new book in my blog, which is generally concerned with Asperger syndrome-related matters. Actually my blog has some major things in common with Ben's "Badass of the Week". I have in my blog a huge list of quite amazing, unstoppable and unusual famous people who have been identified as autistic. I've been compiling this list since 2005. Autism and Asperger syndrome are characterised as conditions resulting from "too much testosterone". Since 2004 Ben Thompson has been gradually, weekly, compiling a huge list of amazing, unstoppable and unusual famous people who clearly have too much testosterone.

It is no surprise that there are some famous people who are included in both my list and Mr Thompson's interesting and amusing compilation - Nikola Tesla, Paul Dirac, Charles XII of Sweden and Marie Curie. The Duke of Wellington was Badass of the Week in 2008. He would also be in my list if I could verify the existence of one journal paper. In 2004 American politician and retired professional wrestler Jesse Ventura was featured as a Badass of the Week but this article is not currently available. I've seen video of Mr Ventura rocking in a way that suggests that he might belong on my list as well. The Blues Brothers were Badasses of the Week in 2005. Dan Aykroyd is in my list. Moby Dick was Badass of the Week in 2005. This demonic white whale is the fictional creation of writer Herman Melville, who is on my list. Testosterone is an amazing steriod hormone.

My only reservation about this book is that I am not sure if it will include portraits any of the powerhouse intellects that I find most interesting. In any case, I expect it will be a highly educational tome.


Book details:

Thompson, Ben (2009) Badass: A Relentless Onslaught of the Toughest Warlords, Vikings, Samurai, Pirates, Gunfighters, and Military Commanders to Ever Live. Harper Paperbacks (release date October 27, 2009).


Links:

http://www.badassoftheweek.com/bookfaq.html

http://www.badassoftheweek.com/index.html

http://www.harpercollins.com/books/9780061749445/Badass/index.aspx



No comments: