Saturday, December 04, 2010

Just as I suspected

Some recent Christmas-related socializing has confirmed my suspicion. Sometimes one finds out more about a person when that person is not present at a gathering. Just as I thought - the person that I find the most instantly likeable, the only one that I feel as though I could really belong to the same tribe as, is to a degree disliked and disrespected. It's not as though the other normal, savvy, sensible folk are not nice and polite to me - they are all polite to my face, and some are very friendly and genuinely decent and good people. I don't hang out with rubbish people - a misanthrope like myself is especially choosey about who I hang out with. I don't like people in general, so if I do spend my time in the company of homo sapiens, they have to be fine specimens of the species. The sensible, moderate nice folks are good people, no doubt at all, but they aren't my people. I always feel instinctively as though, of the nice people, it is the rare autistic among the other smart altruists that I would most like to have as a friend. Yep, I'm a completely f***ed-up individual. So if you ever get the feeling that I really like you as a person, it's time to get worried.

2 comments:

Lady Amaltea said...

Lili, life can such a confusing ride! ) In the recent years I discovered how drastically (and willingly!) I narrowed the list of people I have pleasure to hang out with.... If you look at it with your eyes open, it gets "oh'oh, I don't wanna know this...."
Cheers )

Lili Marlene said...

I am familiar with that feeling of "I don't want to know this". A while ago I was (not very willingly) having coffee among a group of other mothers. One of the mums wouldn't stop yammering on about this hot guy that she had just met. Only a few months later I notice that she is obviously pregnant. What's the deal there? I don't want to know what this lady is up to!