Tuesday, October 13, 2015

Lili's apology for the day


Sorry, I didn't realise that last night was a Val Lewton double-bill, with Bedlam followed by Mademoiselle Fifi. I hadn't spotted the second as another Lewton classic because I'm not familiar with his non-horror films, but it was highly memorable for the scathing depiction of wealthy people, with a political subtext that has a rosy-red glow. My eye missed the Lewton link with the second movie, so I guess I'm not nearly the expert that I thought I was! 

The good news is that there's another movie coming up very soon on ABC1 that was produced by the synaesthete genius Val Lewton.The Seventh Victim is on tonight, or to be correct, scheduled for broadcast very early tomorrow morning: http://www.abc.net.au/tv/programs/seventh-victim/#/episode/ZY6511A001S00 

Three Lewton films in two days! Who needs sleep? 

No comments: